Comment on page
To create a new appointment, click on the empty calendar slot. In the opened window fill out the details and click on the Create Appointment button to confirm.
Dentaltap - Appointment Create
- Start/End/Duration - filled automatically by default, can be changed;
- Room - a calendar section (room name), filled automatically by default. can be changed;
- Provider - assigned provider (dentist);
- Patient - select a patient record, or create a new patient record.
- Note - any additional note can be added to the appointment, this note will be visible under the appointment details in the calendar window;
- Additional users - assistants, coordinators, nurses, or secondary providers can be added to the appointment;
- Room preparation - if you need extra time to prepare a room before, or after the appointment. This time is included in the total appointment duration.
Dentaltap - Appointment Details
- Open Patient - a full patient profile will be opened in the same window;
- Set Status - select appointment status. If you choose no-show or canceled status, the appointment will be removed from the calendar;
- More Actions •••
- Reschedule - click on this button to move the appointment into another section/date/time slot;
- Create Invoice - a quick way to issue a new invoice from the calendar, for example, if this patient was scheduled for a general procedure, like consultation, without tooth-specific procedures;
- Delete - completely remove this appointment from the patient records.
You can add any additional comments to the patient appointments, it could be some internal clinic notes, for example, a cancellation reason. To create/read comments switch from the Details to Comments tab.
There are two ways to delete appointments:
- Delete only from the calendar - use the Set Status option, this way you can see the appointment as canceled in the patient records
- Delete completely - use More Actions > Delete to remove an appointment completely from patient records.